Jan 4, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 4 -The Light

Unshakable Faith 
Day 4 - The Light

1. In Everything that was created, the Father looks for the reflection of His Son.  Does He see His reflection in you?

My hearts desire is to reflect Jesus, I want others to see Him in me.  I'm not sure that, that is always the case, in fact I'm sure it's not, but that's okay because... 

"He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars,
The sun and earth and Jupiter and Mars.
Oh, how patient He must be, He's still working on me."

2. The Lord created His Church so people would need one another.  No one will get to their destination in Christ alone.  Write what this means to you.

When we are in Christ and walking in His truth/light, we cannot help but become connected to the body of Christ and walk with them on this narrow path...so if you separate yourself from the body of Christ you also move away from the light and start walking in darkness.  God created a need in all of us for fellowship not only with Him, but also with other believers...when we fall they help us up, they encourage us in hard times and rejoice with us in the good times. and we do the same for them...without these vital relationships being filled by other believers we start connecting to the things of the world and looking for support in the wrong places.

3. To have fellowship, you must start by looking for things to agree about rather than disagree.  Think of the last time you disagreed with another Christian.  Could it have been avoided?

Sometimes we need to agree to disagree and then move on to find some common ground.  When two people disagree, it is not a reason to break relationship, it actually can be used to help the relationship to grow and become stronger. Once when I worked at a local church I had some ideas of how things should go, and other people in the office had ideas that were completely contrary to mine, and eventually it started to come between us, our friendship went through a rough patch as neither of us would budge on what I considered an integrity issue.  In this situation, I maybe could have tried to go about things a little different, but I strongly feel that no matter how I handled it, one thing was clear, I had to take a stand on what was right and what was wrong.  I dearly love these friends and it was hard to watch us grow apart, but since that time the relation has mended, and though we aren't as close, we all love each other and still keep in touch.