Jan 13, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 13: Diversity

Unshakable Faith 
Day 13: Diversity

1. What are your thoughts about evolution?

Well, I learned a little about evolution in school, and I've had some conversations with people who believe it as a fact.  But nothing I've seen, heard or read has ever made me question my firm belief in a Creator who lovingly and thoughtfully created everything that lives and breathes, every rock and stone, every drop of water, every molecule and atom, all in just six days.  

2. Do you agree that the mingling of races brings forth new revelations of His creativity within the bounds He has set?

Yes, I think each and everyone of us, whether or not both parents were of the same race, have been made special, unique and beautifully.  God never makes a mistake, no one is created better or higher than another person, we are all equal, we are all loved by God.

3. Do you harbor religious racism? Have you been a victim of religious racism?

No, I don't harbor religious racism.  We are all a part of the body of Christ...does an elbow have any right to think it is better than the knee...they are two different parts of the same body, and they both have their purpose.  We may be different, or believe differently about this or that, but as long as we are trusting in Jesus for our salvation, we are a part of the same body.  We need to learn to love each other and come together in unity. We need to learn to focus on the things that we have in common.

I can't say that I've been a victim of religious racism, but I have seen it and the effect it has had on people.  I believe this is something that breaks God's heart...God wants us to love one another, not tear each other down because of some petty differences.