Jan 15, 2012

Unshakable Faith: Day 15 - Authority

Unshakable Faith
Day 15 - Authority

1. Godly authority is not a privilege, but a responsibility.  What does this statement mean to you?

When we are using Godly authority, it is not all about how people see us, it is not all about making others do things for us, it is not about us at all.  Godly authority is about those whom we are ruling over...we are there to serve them, to honor them, to do for them what we would want others to do for us.  

2. Are you exercising authority as He does, for the sake of and service to those who are ruled over?

I am no where near perfect, and so I am sure there are times when I choose to rule in favor of myself, instead of for others.  But I continually work on becoming more Christlike, and with that I am slowly learning how to rule as He would want me to rule.

3. Faith is the basis of authority for miracles.  Are you ready for a miracle?

Yes! I have many areas or situations that are going to take a miracle in order for them to work out well...But like the man in the new testament who said, "Yes, I believe, and help me in my unbelief!"  I have areas where my faith is not as strong, and I have to pray the same thing, "Lord, help me in my unbelief!"  And God is always faithful to do just that!!