Mar 16, 2012

Good Morning Holy Spirit - Chapter 3

Good Morning Holy Spirit
Chapter 3: "Tradition, Tradition"

1. What is God's plan of salvation for you?

God's plan of salvation for me and for you start with His only Son, He came and lived a perfect life, then died on the cross, He took the sins, burdens, and sicknesses of the whole world on Himself, and once and for all He paid the price for our redemption.  Because of Jesus' gift, we have the ability to stand before God, to know God personally, and to walk with God daily.  God created each of us for one purpose...to be like Christ.  Once we accept God's gift of salvation, then we start to  learn and grow through spending time in God's Word, and time in His presence, and each day we become more like Jesus.  That is the goal, that is God's desire! 

2. Have you asked Jesus to be the Lord of your life? Have you publically accepted Him as your personal Savior? If so, hallelujah! If not, what is holding you back?

Each one of us, has a need for salvation.  Doing good things, going to church, and trying to be a good person will not save anyone! Our good works are as filthy rags...the only way to be saved is through Jesus.  I remember an old song...

"He paid a debt He did not owe, I owed a debt I could not pay, 
I needed someone to wash my sins away.  
But now I sing a brand new song, Amazing Grace! 
Christ Jesus paid the debt that I could never pay"

3. Have you been ridiculed because of your Christian beliefs? How does your embarrasment or humiliation compare with the sacrifice of Christ on the cross, dying for you?

Yes, I remember times that people who were supposedly friends of mine, would ridicule me and make fun of me because of my beliefs.  I also, have had people choose not to be my friend because they wanted to go and do the things they knew I believed were wrong...so it was easier for them to end the friendship, than deal with the reminder of, the conviction they felt, but were trying to ignore.

4. If your family members reject your Christian beliefs, what can you do? Name three things.

First off, I would pray for them continually...our prayers can accomplish things we could never do.
second, I would make sure to continue to love those family members, despite the mean things they may do to me.
and Third, I would be ready and willing to talk to them about my faith when they are ready.

5. Is there a physical presence of the Holy Spirit that can be seen and felt in addition to a spiritual presence? What would be some signs of that presence?

Yes, the Holy Spirit is very real.  Just as God the Father or Jesus the Son is real, so is the Holy Spirit.  In my life, I've found that the Holy Spirit brings a peace, and healing...when someone spends time with the person of the Holy Spirit, just being around that person, other people feel different; they find themselves suddenly aware of their sin, or their broken heart begins to mend, a person going through a rough time, may find complete peace.  I compare it to the wind...you cannot physically see the wind, but you definitely can see the effects of the wind.  The Holy Spirit is much like that.  Things start happening miraculously, and though you may not see the hands causing these miracles, you know that you have been in the presence of the Holy Spirit.

6. Do you believe the Holy Spirit can heal any affliction?  What is the scriptural proof of this?

Yes, I believe that we are healed by through Christ body, that was broken and bruised for you and me. His sacrifice on the cross not only paid for our sins, but brought healing and restoration to our mind, body and spirit.  We can not only be right with God spiritually, but we can be healed and restored physically and mentally.  

"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed."
Isaiah 53:4-6

"who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed."
1 Peter 2:23-25