Mar 2, 2012

Good Morning Holy Spirit - Chapter 1

Good Morning Holy Spirit
Chapter 1: "Can I Really Know You?"

1. Has the Holy spirit been a distant third person of the Trinity to you? What must you do to bring Him into your life?

No! As I've grown in my walk with the Lord, each day the Holy Spirit is here with me, teaching me, leading and guiding me.  I've had dreams and visions, and I've had him speak clearly to me.  He is so gentle and kind, patient and loving, His presence is so wonderful! I am thankful everyday for my closest friend.  The truth is, the Holy Spirit is with me, and fills me, He knows my thoughts, my hopes and dream, and He knows all the bad things, just as He knows all the good things about me.  But He loves me anyways!  I love spending time in His presence, and learning more and more each day!

If you do not have a personal and daily relationship with the Holy Spirit, all you have to do is accept the gift of salvation through Jesus' gift on the cross, and then confess your a sinner and ask the Holy Spirit to come, teach, lead, guide, and fill you, He will come if you invite Him!

2. What do people filled with the Holy Spirit look like? Are they somehow different? How would you recognize them?

I believe that some people who are filled with the Holy Spirit may at times have a glow like Benny Hinn describes in this chapter, but more often than not, they look normal on the outside, but you will find that they are peaceful, they have wisdom, they have power in their prayers, and they consider God their best friend...these people stand out because of the fruit of the spirit permeating their life.

3.Have you ever witnessed a healing, or other miracle, attributed to the Holy Spirit? What is your definition of a miracle?

A miracle is when something that is physically and scientifically impossible, becomes possible.  Examples of this include, physical healing, financial provisions, sometimes it even can be something like a change in the weather.  I have seen the Holy Spirit change the weather because of a prayer of faith, I've seen God provide when there was just no other way, and I've seen Him heal people...the husband of a dear friend at church, was on his death bed just a few weeks ago, with the doctors giving him no hope to live, but God had other plans, and the doctors and nurses are now calling him Lazarus Man.  

The dead walk, the bind see, the deaf hear...So amazing!!

4. What is the mission of the Holy Spirit among us?

I believe the mission of the Holy Spirit is to lead and guide us, and comfort and protect us, as He is teaching us to be like Jesus!

5. If you want the Bible to come alive for you, what must you do?

If you want the Bible to come alive, you must ask the Holy Spirit to be your teacher...He will open your eyes to see things you've never seen before.  You may have read the Bible in it's entirety, but if the Holy Spirit was not teaching you and guiding you, you missed a lot! As you read with the Holy Spirit as your guide, the scriptures suddenly leap off the page and you find yourself with a deeper understanding of what God is saying in His Word.