Mar 23, 2012

Good Morning Holy Spirit - Chapter 4

Good Morning Holy Spirit
Chapter 4: Person to Person

1. Are you ready to meet the Holy Spirit personally? How can you do this?

If you do not know that Holy Spirit personally, please take this time to ask Him to come and show you who He is.  You don't have to do anything more but be honest and open and willing to learn all He has to teach you.

2. Just what does "being filled with the Holy Spirit" really mean?

Being filled with the Holy Spirit, is something that happens when we accept Christ as our Savior- Jesus then sends His Spirit (the Holy Spirit) to dwell in us.
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; 
and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, 
who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:19-21

And then there is the infilling of the Holy Spirit which is evidenced as speaking in a heavenly prayer language.  
"And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, 
as the Spirit gave them utterance" 

But don't stop there...make it a priority to get to know the Holy Spirit personally...He wants to be your friend, companion, teacher, and much more.

3. List the ways in which you could think of the Holy Spirit as a personal friend.

When I think of the Holy Spirit I am filled with a deep love and desire to be with Him always.  He is here for me when I don't have the words to express the way I feel, and He understands.  He always says the right thing, at the right time.  He helps me when I just don't know what decision I should make, and He loves me even though I fail Him often.  He is everything a friend should be and more, He is closer than a brother, loves me more and my mother or father, and never steers me the wrong way. He is the best friend anyone could ever ask for.

4. Where is the Holy Spirit: in heaven or on earth? What is the scriptural basis for you answer?

The Holy Spirit is here on earth!


Jesus Promises Another Helper - John 14:15-18

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.


5. Explain the Rapture. What is its significance to you?

The rapture is when Jesus Christ returns for His church (those who believe on Him for Salvation).  The significance of the rapture is that someday all believers will be caught up together with Christ...this earth is not our home, and someday soon we will all get to go to heaven, our real home!

6. Why is the Holy Spirit called the Holy Spirit?

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father and God the Son. He is Holy, because He is God and God is Holy.  What better name could he have than Holy Spirit - it describes Him perfectly!

7. The Holy Spirit is the one who __________,  who ________ with me.

The Holy Spirit is the one who communes, who fellowships with me.

8. Is it proper to think of the Holy Spirit as the greatest teacher? Why?

Yes, The Holy Spirit is the one who inspired and wrote the entire Bible...who better to teach us about the Word of God than the very author? 

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 1 Corinthians 2:10-13


9. What does the author say is the greatest sin against the Holy Spirit?

Grieving the Holy Spirit - When we deny His power and presence we grieve Him, we step out of God's will. When we do this God's favor and blessings are no longer allowed to come into our lives - God does not take this sin lightly.  It is important to know the Holy Spirit and to follow His leading - to honor Him and give Him all the praise and glory...When we do, we will also bring Honor and glory to God the Father and to Jesus the Son.