Jan 12, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 12: Fruitfulness

Unshakable Faith 
Day 12: Fruitfulness

1. Do you agree that abortion is one of the ultimate forms of the depravity of humankind?

Yes, God loves us and forms us in our mother's womb.  Every child conceived is special and loved...God has great plans for their lives before they even take their first breath.  Who are we to determine that that life is not worth keeping?  I believe that every child has the right to life.  The day that a mother and father choose their own happiness, or what seems to be the easy way out, over loving and protecting the gift God has given them is a very sad day indeed!

2. What does "take care of your own" mean to you?

"Take care of your own" can mean different things...I've heard people use in a selfish context, "Hey, I gotta take care of me and mine, if I don't no one will!" - Here the only thought is about me, myself and I, it doesn't matter what other people need or that I could possibly help them, the only focus is on taking care of myself.  This is the exact mindset that allows people to feel like abortion is a good decision.  But then there is the opposite meaning...the focus is on others, on serving, loving and caring for those around them or those given tothem to care for.  Whether it is fun and easy, or sad and very difficult, this person will choose to care for the others who need it, before caring for themselves. 
I can't say that I am always selfless, but I definitely aim to care for and love others, not focus on me and what I may need or want.  God gave us one commandment that is greater than all the others...Love one another. That's what "take care of your own" means to me.

3. Are you leaving behind a trail of life and fruitfulness?

I certainly hope so! I hope that when other people's lives cross with mine, whether for just a short time or for a long while, that their lives are touched by God's love flowing through me.