Jan 7, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 7: Heaven

Unshakable Faith
Day 7: Heaven

1. When did you first behold the glory of the heavenlies where Christ is seated, and realize that you have been placed with Him by the power of His cross?


I have not ever thought of it in this way before, but as I think about it, I know that I first beheld the glory of the heavenlies as a small child.  I grew up seeing God do miracles and working in peoples lives...then as a teen I was filled with the Holy Spirit and came to know God in a completely new way.  I have known most of my life, that because of the power of Jesus' cross, I have a heavenly home, and that this earth is not my real home.  I can't say that I have seen the heavenlies with my physical eyes, but I have seen them with the eyes of faith.  And I can tell you that Heaven is real, and I have a mansion waiting for me there!


2. Have you heard - or said - "Don't become so heavenly minded that you are no earthly good"?


I think I have heard that saying at some point in my life...but I never really gave it much thought.  I have to question the logic behind it...how could being heavenly minded ever hurt anything here on earth...there is nothing bad, or evil in heaven...Heaven is a wonderful place full of God's presence...if anything people should want more people to be heavenly minded as it would cause some major changes to happen here on earth...and I'm talking changed for good!


3. The true good that you can do on earth is dependent on the degree to which you have attained the heavenly treasures.  How full is your treasure chest?


The Bible says to store up treasures in heaven, where moth and rust and thieves can't kill steal and destroy...How do we do store up treasures in heaven? Well, certainly not by spending our time and money on things that are only temporary...things that will perish and will not last for eternity.  So then the opposite is how to gather and store up treasures in heaven...by sharing God's love with everyone, by spreading the good news of the gospel, by being a light in the darkness around us, by investing our time and money into things that will last for all eternity, by being heaven minded, not earthly minded.   I think my heavenly treasure chest has quite a bit in it, but I am also sure that I could continue to store up treasures in heaven for the rest of my life, and there would always be room for more...I guess I imagine that the treasure chest grows with the amount of treasure put into it.