Jan 3, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 3 -The Spirit Moves

Unshakable Faith
Day 3 - The Spirit Moves


1. The nature of the Christian life is to be moving and going somewhere.  Are you moving forward, or are you too comfortable where you are?

When I think about my walk with Jesus and all the things He is doing in my life and all the amazing things around me...I just can't help the overwhelming flood of emotions that fill my entire being...sometimes it makes me want to cry, laugh, smile, jump up and down, or become more prayerful and reverent...but always I just want to praise Him.  I know that it is all to easy to stop moving forward, and sometimes that happens without us even realizing it...but I am so thankful that Jesus loves us enough, that He never stops nudging us to get back in the flow when we've strayed, and He is always faithful to lead and guide us, so that we are able to keep on, keeping on once we have got our spiritual feet moving in the right direction.


2. If your spiritual life is not getting better day by day and increasing in power and faith, then you may have missed a turn.  Take time to think back to where that might have been and correct your course.

I don't know what the road your walking on looks like, or what roads have lead you to where you currently are...but if you look around and realize that you have made a wrong turn, do not worry, do not fret...you may have turned away from Jesus, but be assured He has not turned from you.  Simply look to Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, and He will help you, guide you and heal your wounds, to get you back on the right road, headed in the right direction, with the power and strength to make it to the end. 

3. Have petty differences with others separated you from those whose destiny is joined to your own?


We are the Bride of Christ, that is how we, the church are described, in scripture.  Each believer is a part with a very real purpose. Now imagine with me for a moment a bride whose left foot had an issue with it's big toe?  I picture a beautiful young woman walking down the isle, and BAM that foot purposefully slams that big toe into a chair leg, what a picture it would make and what a chaotic wedding, when every body part was fighting or not working with another...that poor bride, and that poor groom!  Well, when we let little disagreements come between us and another believer, that is what we are doing to the beautiful bride, that is the church.  Let us love one another, and work in unity, so that we can be the beautiful Bride of Christ without a spot or wrinkle!