Jan 22, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 22: Fellowship

Unshakable Faith
Day 22: Fellowship


1. What do you think of the statement that "God alone was not enough for man"?


It seems a little odd to me.  God is more than we could even describe with words and yet he wasn't enough?  It makes since to me that God saw that man needed someone of his own kind to be a helpmate but I don't think it is true to say that God wasn't enough, giving Eve to Adam was all a part of the big picture, God's plan from the beginning.  Eve was God's provision, just as a food box from a local church could be God's provision for a hungry family.  God takes care of all of our needs, our hopes, dreams, and desires.


2. Have you chased many fruitless endeavors because you wanted to prove something to your self?


I am guilty of chasing fruitless endeavors at times but I don't think it was always to prove something to myself.  I, by nature, am a people-pleaser... I will go to great extents to make someone happy, even if they never even take the time to notice all the effort it took on my part.  I am learning to be a God-pleaser and not a people-pleaser, it is a hard habit to break.


3. Have you reached out lately to someone who is lonely?


Yes, I have had times in my life when I was the lonely person...so when I see someone else going through the same thing, I want to do all I can to help them know there is someone out there who loves them and is there if they need them.