Jan 26, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 26: The Question

Unshakable Faith 
Day 26: The Question


1. Are your questions motivated by faith or by fear?


Most of the time my questions come out of faith, I ask God to lead and guide us, I ask Him for clarification on something I am studying, etc.  But there have been times when Satan has tried to cause my questions to come from fear, and it always leads to a time of doubt...but God has always been faithful to help me find the truth, and set me back on the right path, with my faith fully in tact.


2. Have you been allowing the Lord's delight to turn your weaknesses into strengths?


Weaknesses into strengths, that is something God is very good at.  There are lots of things about me that I consider weaknesses, but God has used them for His glory.  Many times the things I see as my strengths, must become my weaknesses, and then God can use them...it is all about others seeing His work in my life, so that He will be glorified.  If I am able to do it on my own, what would cause people to see God's hand at work? Why would they give God the glory, if I'm the one who seems perfectly capable and I'm the one who did it?  So God takes the areas where I am weakest and He causes great things to be done through my weakness, and then there is no question of who should receive the glory, because without God's hand at work, it would have never happened.


3. Are you avoiding the faultfinders and the stumbling blocks that the enemy send?


I certainly try! It is so easy to let your guard down and find yourself stumbling over a stumbling block, that you should have seen from far off.  That is why it is so important to daily be in God's Word, to daily spend time in God's presence, daily ask the Lord for guidance and protection.  


Put on the whole armor of God so that when the fiery darts come flying in, your shield of faith will quench them, when Satan tries to attack your mind with thoughts of doubt and sin, your helmet of salvation keeps you sound and righteous.  When the stumbling blocks come out of nowhere, your feet are protected by the gospel of peace, and when the enemy tries to knock you off balance, with lies and deceit, your belt of truth stabilizes you and keeps you steady. When the arrows of hurt and despair try to pierce your heart, your breastplate of righteousness protects you, keeping your heart, safe from harm. And take the sword of the spirit (the Word of God) - this is your one offensive weapon...it is powerful, a double edged sword, dividing down to the bone and the marrow...It will help you see right from wrong, it will lead you and guide you into all truth, it is infallible, perfect in every way.  When we use this armor daily it protects us from anything the enemy may try to use against us.