Jan 18, 2014

God's Perfect Design

God's Perfect Design


I found myself thinking this morning as I was blowing my hair dry,  about self image.   Sometimes we put too much stock in what others say or think about us... sometimes we put too much stock in what we think they think.   I know, how it is, to feel like you will never be a beauty queen.  I've had moments in my life, okay more than moments.. more like years of my life,  when I thought no one could possibly find me beautiful.  I allowed those thoughts to cause me to believe that I really wasn't beautiful.  

Over the past ten years or so,  God has been so faithful to point me to some very great truths, from His Word, that speak to us (me) on a deep level about the lies I allowed myself to believe for so long.

 Here is a list of some scriptures that have changed my focus and helped me to see things from God's eyes,  I hope it touches you and maybe helps you to see yourself as He sees you too!



Psalm 139:13-15

13 "For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth."

This scripture tells us that God created us,  pieced us together, He chose our hair, eyes, and body, but more than that, He created us with a style, personality, likes, dislikes, quirks and all.   


Genesis 1:31

31 "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day."

God didn't make mistakes when He first created the world.  He looked at all He had made and saw that it was good.  And God didn't make mistakes when He made you!  God looks at you,  His precious and dearly loved creation, and once again He says, "It is good, very good!"


Ephesians 2:10

10 "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."


Just think about this verse for a minute... you are God's handiwork.  God created the heaven's and the Earth,  yet when He talks of His handiwork,  He thinks of you. Not only that, but this verse also tells us, He has prepared great things for you before you were ever born.   


Such an incedible thought... God loves us and made us the way we are for a reason and a purpose.   I encourage you to stop thinking of what others think and start listening to what God says, when we see through His eyes,  we will realize that we really were made to shine! 

God truly loves us!  God is so good!