Jan 6, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 6: The Day

Unshakable Faith
Day 6: The Day

1. Great saints have gone through periods of darkness before they were brought forth into the purposes of God. Can you say the same?

Yes! In various forms, situations and circumstances...God has allowed trial or times of darkness to surround me.  But He has always been faithful to bring me out stronger and better than before.  Sometimes the trial brought about a change in the way I look at things, which then prepared me for the next task God had for me.  And other times, it brought out a compassion in me, so that I could understand a little more what someone else might be going through.  Always it was with a purpose, and always God was in control and working things out for good!

2. If you would go to the cross daily with all that you are and have, in what ways would your life change?

If we could learn to go lay down everything at the foot of the cross, everyday, even multiple times a day...it would change just about everything.  We would be free to love without worrying about being let down or hurt.  We would give without needing someone to give back to us.  We would be free! 

Rick Joyner said it like this, and it is just so good, I have to copy it here for you: 

"We are also assured that there is a way of escape with every trial. The way of escape is always the same, and that is the cross.  If we would go to the cross and die to ourselves, our own ambitions, and the cares of this world, which are usually the roots of our trials, we would immediately find a peace that goes beyond human understanding,  We are called to be dead to this world (see Gal. 6:14). What can the world do to a dead man? It is impossible for a dead man to feel rejected, abused, taken advantage of, or be concerned with loss.  If we would go to the cross daily with all that we are and have, we would be the freest people the world has ever seen."

3. Do you see every test as a great opportunity?

No! I know that every test has the potential to be a great opportunity, and I wish I could say that when the testing comes I always see it as that...but the truth is I don't always see it as an opportunity. Here is the great thing is...even though I may not see it for what it is, God is always faithful to work it out for good...as long a I continue to obey, trust and have faith in Him.