Jan 9, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 9: The Seed

Unshakable Faith
Day 9: The Seed

1. One of the basic strategies of the enemy is to destroy life and blur the distinctions that God created.  Are there examples of this in your life? Your community?

Satan, our very real enemy, works to blur lines in the church, in relationships, in just about everything.  Young adults feel it is okay to be rude to their parents because the lines have become blurred.  Married couples end up in divorce, because the lines have been blurred.  Everywhere we look we can see problems that all stem from this one scheme of the enemy.  But we need to remember that though Satan is busy trying to defeat us, the battle has already been won, and we have the victory through Jesus Christ.  He has conquered death and the grave, He holds the keys to the gates of Hell, and one day soon, Satan will be bound and the gates of hell will be locked with no chance of him ever getting out.  I think of the words of an old Carmen song, "God is exalted, Satan is defeated!"  - AMEN!!

2. Are your words filled with faith, hope, and love? Are you planting trees that will one day bear the fruit of faith, hope and love in the earth?

My hearts desire is to always speak words of hope, faith, and love, but I cannot say that it is always true.  I have found myself at times guilty of speaking and thinking negative things, in what seems like a negative situation.  And God is faithful to remind me of the power in our words, so I am striving and working on letting the love of God flow through me so that it will direct my thoughts, words and actions to respond to negative situations based on His love, instead of my own limited understanding and limited love.

3. Are you determined to always speak words that will edify and build up one another?

Yes, I am not always great at doing this, but I am determined with God's help to continue to work on it and to do better about watching what I say and how I say it...there was wisdom in the words of Thumper (a little rabbit from the movie Bambi) "If you can't say something nice, then don't say nothin' at all."  What a difference it could make in so many lives, if words of encouragement were spoken instead of words pronouncing defeat.