Jan 18, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 18: The Sabbath

Unshakable Faith
Day 18: The Sabbath


1. Do you know peace and rest in the midst of any situation?


Having Peace and rest in the midst of any situation can only come from fully leaning on God, and you can only do that if you completely one hundred percent trust Him. God is working on me in this area.  I tend to say "Yes, Lord, I trust You!"  and then pretty soon, I am trying to take the situation on myself and figure it out on my own.  God only wants us to trust Him and be obedient to His Word, and then He will cover us with His umbrella of protection, and will carry us when we don't have the strength to make it.  Just in the last few weeks God has really been speaking to me about trusting Him when the future is uncertain, when we don't know how things will go, or what will happen.  He has promised us His guidance and protection, but that only comes with our decision to trust Him.  I want to be like Job, to trust the Lord enough to say, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him!"  That is the only way to have true peace and rest!


2. Are you living in obedience and abiding in Him?


We all make mistakes, and we all tend to lean on our own understanding of things.  Even King David, made huge mistakes, and leaned on his own understanding to try to fix it.  But the important thing is to always come to God with a repentant heart, in humility, and to give God the glory when He brings you out of that situation your choices got you into.  David wrote the Psalm "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and take not Your Spirit from me." David's desire to keep in good fellowship and to remain in God's presence, brought him back to God even after the terrible mistakes he had made, and God called David a man after His own heart.  I'd say David even with his failures figured out how to abide in God.  In my life I do my best to obey, and abide, but like David I have my moments of failure...I've learned to always run back to God, repent and turn from my sin, and God is always faithful to welcome me back into His arms of love and forgiveness.


3. Have you humbled yourself before God and cast your anxiety upon Him?


It's not always easy, in fact I'd say it is rarely easy to humble yourself and to cast your anxiety upon Him, but it is always worth it.  Once again, this is an area where God is still working on me.  But each day He is showing me that it is really the only way to live!