Feb 11, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 42:Jealousy And Murder

Unshakable Faith
Day 42:Jealousy And Murder

1. Have you had bouts of jealousy?

Yes, there have been times when I've found myself feeling jealous of another person.  It always seems to stem from an area of insecurity I have, that someone else seems to excel in. Whenever I find myself feeling this type of emotion, I pray and ask God to forgive me, and I ask Him to help me see things from His perspective.  We all have areas we excel in and we all have areas that need some work...God loves us just as we are, it is not a competition...there is no need to allow jealousy to cause division because of our own insecurities...We just need to be who God created us to be!

2. Do you agree that it was "inevitable for man to become a murderer"?

Man was made in God's image, we were meant to be just like God.  When Adam chose to disobey God, and listen to and obey the devil, man no longer naturally is like God, but naturally is like the devil.  The devil is the father of lies, and is a murderer, so yeah, once sin entered the picture, it was just a matter of time. 

3. Will you be standing among those in the Church who are standing together in unity because they love one another?

Yes, I know how easy it is to allow small simple things to divide us, and I pray daily that God would help me to see sin for what it is and help me to not allow it in my life.  I want to grow daily to be more like Jesus, and I want His love to fill my heart and life, flowing out to touch the lives of those around me.