Feb 19, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 50: From Babylon To Abraham

Unshakable Faith
Day 50: From Babylon To Abraham

1.  Like Abraham, are you willing to leave everything you have to seek the Lord's will in unknown places?

Yes, It is not an easy road to travel.  Trusting God and obeying Him when you are scared to death,  the road long and the future seems unclear.  I have learned over time, that no matter how scary it is to step out in faith, trusting God for His guidance and provisions...it is far scarier to try to do your own thing, outside of the will of God.

2. Are you walking in a manner worthy of your calling? Believing God, obeying Him?

I certainly try! And I believe with God's help, grace, forgiveness and love, I am able to continue living for Him, believing Him, and obeying Him.  When I fall or fail, He picks me up, dust me off, and sets my feet back on the right path.  Without God's hand on my life, I could never walk in a manner worthy of my calling, but Jesus paid the price and bridged the gap, so that I can walk each day with the assurance of my salvation!

3. Are you doing all things for the sake of His gospel and letting the love of Christ control you?

The love of God is amazing! When we allow Him to come fill us up with His love it sets us free. Free to love, free to give, free to receive.  A life filled with and controlled by God's love will do everything for the sake of the gospel! Because the gospel is what has made them secure enough to be who God created them to be.  It is the gospel of Jesus Christ that has made their life worth living.  Everything they do becomes a testimony of God's goodness, love and grace...Other's see God working in them and are attracted to it.  The testimony we live out everyday, is the most effective type of testimony!