Feb 6, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 37: The Curse On Man

Unshakable Faith
Day 37: The Curse On Man

1. Why was the harmony, communication, and fellowship with the Creator profoundly damaged by sin?

God created everything to work together in harmony, but when Adam chose to disobey God even though he knew it was wrong, it brought about this curse that we all live under...If Adam had made the choice to obey God, even though his wife had been deceived, the harmony, communication and fellowship with the Creator would not have been as severely damaged, it might not have been damaged at all.  I think the same is true for us today; when we accept Jesus as our Savior, we are made new.  But when we continue to make choices that are wrong, it affects the blessings of God being poured into our lives.  God has great plans for us and blessings He wants to give to us, but we have to be obedient to His Word in order to receive them.  It is so important for us to do our best to obey, serve, and honor the Lord in all we do.  

2. In everything you do, are you looking for the redemptive purposes of God and the restoration of all that was lost through the fall?

I can't say that I look for God's redemption in everything I do, but in most things, yeah!  I am learning to look for God's hand at work even when we can't understand why something is happening.  I've come to realize that maybe we see something as bad, or undesirable, but God in His infinite wisdom uses even those situations to work out His good and perfect will in our lives...Sometimes it is not clear to us what God is doing, but that is where faith comes in...we need to learn to trust Him, even if we don't fully understand. Trust me, it is not easy to do, but I am learning that it really is the best thing to do!

3. Have you overcome your natural resistance of authority with the true spiritual authority that is rooted and grounded in love?

Not completely! I have come to realize that when I get upset about something someone in authority is requesting of me, many times, I would have willing done that very thing on my own, it was just the idea of them telling me to do it, that caused me to not want to do it.  Which is absolutely silly! I have had the Holy Spirit nudge me, and all the sudden I realize what a child I am being, my attitude is all wrong and all because someone asked me to do something, I was already going to do!?!  So I have been working on making myself stop, pray, ask for God to help me adjust my attitude and then I make myself go on and do the task with a good attitude.  I tend to think of the song by Steve Curtis Chapman -  Do Everything - "Do everything you do to the glory of the one who made you, cause He made you!"