Feb 8, 2012

Unshakable Faith - Day 39: The Exile

Unshakable Faith
Day 39: The Exile

1. Would you agree that "Man now dwells in a place of continual strife"?

Oh my goodness, yes! It seems that "Man" can't get through one day without some kind of strife.  We all work hard to try to accomplish our goals and make our dreams a reality, but there is constantly something coming up that is a source of strife. Sickness, financial issues, relational issues, and even natural disasters...when the droughts or floods, or earthquakes happen it causes strife in whole communities, and even whole countries.  
Strife is a daily part of life, only when we are walking daily with God, and being obedient to His Word, can all the blessings and favor of God be poured out on our lives...that doesn't mean it becomes a walk in the park...there is still strife, but God provides every need, and protects you and brings you through every storm.

2. Are you more task-oriented or people oriented?

I am definitely a mix...but I think a little more people-oriented than task-oriented.  I love spending time with people, having time to sit and chat or visit, or get a group together to play games and just hangout, is my idea of a fun time.  I love going to large events with lots of people, seeing old friends and catching up.  But I also, am a detail-oriented, task-oriented person...I love making lists and marking things off...When I make a list and by the end of the day am able to mark of most of it, it thrills me! I love coming up with ideas, and figuring out just how it should go, and putting it all together.  But then again, most of my ideas, tend to be about helping people, getting people together, etc.  So yeah, my love for people comes through even in my all my task and list making!

3. Is your church more task-oriented or people-oriented?

Hmmm, this is a close call...I think it definitely has both qualities...but I'm leaning towards people-oriented.  Our church is a great place.  I love the people, we have great Pastor's and leaders, and the heart for missions and reaching out to people is huge!  We not only have the normal children's, youth, and adult ministries...but we have a storehouse that gives food out to hundreds of families each month, we have a ministry that provides sleeping bags, coats, clothes, and other necessities to the homeless camp in our city, and just this last year we gave over $100,000.00 to missions.  The Love for people is the propeller of all of the tasks we do.  And I am so excited to see what God is doing through this church!