Nov 12, 2011

Psalm 91 - Chapter 11:No Plague Comes Near My Family


Psalm 91: God's Umbrella of Protection
Chapter 11: No Plague Comes Near My Family

No evil will befall you, 
Nor will any plague come near your tent.
Psalm 91:10


As I read this chapter, I find myself battling with doubts...Really will we really be able to protect our families just by believing this one simple promise? Is it really that simple?  It just doesn't seem like it would be enough.  But then I am reminded, that God only had to speak to bring this whole world into existence, His Words are full of life, and power.  So, if God has promised it, and His Word declares it, who am I to question what God says?  His ways are so much higher than mine. His thoughts are so far above my thoughts.  The future is a clear picture to Him, while I sit and wonder, and have no clue what tomorrow may hold...when I think of these things I realize it would be foolish to not believe what God says.  God's Word is powerful and living and active, we need to read it daily, memorize it and quote it....but even more important we need to believe it! Today I choose to put my faith in God and His Holy Word.  In 1 Corinthians 1:18 the Apostle Paul wrote "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." Here is my own version of this verse as it would relate to God's Promises... The promises of God are foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who believe, it is God's protection at work.

My prayer is that today you would make the choice to believe even if everything around you tells you it would be foolish...Because even God's foolishness is wiser than man's wisdom!