Jul 19, 2013

Standing In The Threshold!


Standing In The Threshold

Over the past month I've been trying to not only read my daily portion of scripture, but to adjust my schedule, and truly spend time with the Lord...waiting on Him, praising Him, and allowing Him to speak to me.  I've found that life gets crazy.  We all tend to be way too busy!! And all too often, we let the stuff on the to do list crowd out our time with God.  It easily becomes just another thing on the list, something we mark off and feel good about.  

As I've taken more time to spend with the Lord, I've come to realize that every minute spent with Him is so precious. Even just a few moments in God's presence will have a huge impact on your life.   The sons of Korah, wrote a Psalm that says it so well!!


For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand [anywhere else]; I would rather be a doorkeeper and stand at the threshold in the house of my God than to dwell [at ease] in the tents of wickedness.

Psalm 84:10

Time with God, is time well spent!  You may feel like it isn't making a huge difference at the moment.  However, when you take time to get into His presence (into His courts), The power and glory of the Lord will make a huge difference in your life.  Your life will be changed even with the smallest touch of God's presence...the glory and all encompassing power of God, is still so amazing even if you're only standing in the threshold.

Part of my inspiration to start placing more of a priority on spending time with the Lord, is from a great book called, "Secrets of The Secret Place", written by Bob Sorge.  Bob makes a statement about our time with the Lord, that I find so inspiring and true: 
"I never consider time invested in the secret place to be wasteful;
and even if it is, I gladly waste it upon my Lord!"  -Bob Sorge


Even when there seems to be a thousand other things pulling at us, needing our attention...spending time with the Lord is always a great investment, with huge rewards!! 

Today I encourage you to find time, make time, do whatever you have to do...to spend time with Jesus!