Nov 23, 2011

Psalm 91 - Chapter 14: Because I Love Him

Psalm 91: God's Umbrella Of Protection
Chapter 14: Because I Love Him

"Because he has loved Me, therefore I will..."
Psalm 91:14a

This chapter is the beginning of a set of seven promises God has given to those who love Him.  Not just anyone can claim these promises...so ask yourself, "Do I love Him?"  If you love God you will follow His commands...you will obey the things written in His Word.  So now ask yourself again, "Do I love Him?"  

I Love the Lord with everything within me, and I hope you were able to answer honestly that you love Him too!  But if you cannot say that you love the Lord, and if you don't find yourself longing to be obedient to Him, as a way to show your love for Him.  Then please, read this next part carefully.  

Love is a choice, and Love is also something we tend to not give away easily.  We as humans tend to be careful of opening ourselves up, being vulnerable is not something we, in general, do well. But when we get to know God's character, when you see His provisions and protection, when you see the gifts He gives to us freely, it makes it easy to love Him.  Because when you know Him, you know that God is Love, and nothing you do will ever change His love for you.  We love Him because He first loved us.  So if you are struggling to love God today, I encourage you to get to know Him.  Spend time studying His Word, spend time in His presence, ask God to show Himself to you.  And I am sure it won't belong before you too can say, "I love God! And I want to obey Him. I want to please Him with everything I do and everything I say." 

Now I look forward to delving into the great promises God has given to us, because we love Him!!  Please join me over the next few weeks as we look at these seven promises...It's gonna be GREAT!