Oct 29, 2013

When My Heart is Overwhelmed


When My Heart is Overwhelmed


Psalm 61:2-4

"From the end of the earth I will cry to you,
When my heart is overwhelmed; 
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been a shelter for me, 
A strong tower from my enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.
Selah"

This scripture is just so good! God is a rock, a shelter, a strong tower, and we can trust in Him to continually protect us under the shelter of His wings.  What a great promise of protection!! It is also a great prayer to pray in those times when we feel overwhelmed.   Our hearts get overwhelmed by so many things in this life, but no matter what it is that is overwhelming us, we can cry out to God to lead us to the rock, shelter, and protection that can only found in Him.  

God is so good!!