Nov 1, 2013

Sweet Dreams!


Sweet Dreams!


There are times when my dear hubby has to travel for work.  I do not, DO NOT do well when he is gone.  Last time he was gone for just one night, I ended up sleeping in the recliner, with a couple lights on throughout the house.  I've always struggled with fear, and it seems to quadruple when JC is gone.  I have many stories of times when JC was gone (I'll save them for another post!), and how God settled my fears and showed me that my protection and shelter is in Him and Him alone.  Every time, God has been faithful, but in my human weakness, I tend to fear over and over again.  Here in the next couple months my hubby will be traveling once again for just a few nights, and once again God has shown Himself to be so faithful!!  As I've been spending time in my daily devotions, over last few days, reading the Word and praying...God has lead me to read many different scriptures that all speak of our safety and shelter being in God and God alone, but more than that, He has lead me to scriptures that specifically speak of sleeping in peace and protection, without fear.  

I wrote down a list of these scriptures for me to reference when those fears try to come in...and I thought I'd share it with you. I am so thankful for these scriptures, that give us promises of peace, protection, and safety.


Psalm 3:5

I lay down and slept,
yet I woke up in safety,
for the Lord was watching over me.

Psalm 4:8
In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

Psalm 34:7
For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
he surrounds and defends all who fear him.

Proverbs 3:24
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; 
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.


God is sooooo good!!