Dec 20, 2010

Chapter 17: The Ancient of Days

1. What are the agendas of God and of Satan in the life of a believer?

God's primary agenda is redemption for everyone, Satan on the other hand wants to blind people to the redeemer. Once we are redeemed, our completion become God's primary agenda. Christ came to set the captive free; Satan wants to make the free captive.


2. In what ways does God's designation as the "Ancient of Days" encourage you?

God knows what we are facing now. He knows our temptations and failings. But the important thing about this name, "Ancient of Days", is that it tells us God also knows what has happened in the past...those ruins passed down to us from past generations that may catch us off guard, will never surprise God, He already knows about them and has been working on bringing it all out for good in our lives. He has seen the damage, He has surveyed the ruins and he is ready to rebuild!


3. What practical actions can you take to be the one person determined to build a faithful generation?

I find that all of the bible lessons and teachings a person can give will mean nothing to the hearers, if that person doesn't practice what they preach. So I think that is what I can do to help build a faithful generation...not only to teach them the truth, but to live it out each and everyday.


4. What is your desire for your children and grandchildren?

I desire for my children and grandchildren to have with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, serving Him with their whole hearts and lives, walking by faith, reaching out to the broken and lost with the love of Christ, and having a passion to see spiritually lost people, found. I pray that they will have the faith to move mountains; and that they will bring glory and honor to God, in everything they do.


5. In what ways are you allowing the next generation to see authenticity in your life?

Authenticity is being true to who you are, and what you believe. I pray that my children will not only learn the lessons I am trying to teach them, from the things I say, but also from the way I live out my everyday life.