Sep 3, 2011

Those Who Trust The Lord - Chapter 1

Those Who Trust The Lord Shall Not Be Disappointed 
Chapter 1 - One Significant Morning

Trust Is The Key!

I Don't know about you, but I can tell you that in my life there have been times of fear and doubt and disappointment...But I can also tell you that the times when I truly put the situation in God's hands and trusted Him to take care of everything I was not disappointed.  For about 5 years God worked on me to trust Him with everything not just the easy things...I look forward to seeing all of the great things God does in my life and in yours as we start to practice trusting Him no matter the situation.

So far in the book there have been a few key things that I want to highlight...these truths and quick reminders will help all of us to remember to choose trust over doubt and disappointment.

All of the following are taken from the 1st chapter
  • "Trust is a decision, not a feeling!"
  • "Trust is the state of being that keeps us from stumbling," and "choosing not to be disappointed is what keeps us anchored in trust."
  • "Trust and disappointment are opposites, just as faith and fear are opposites, they cannot both operate at the same time."
Here is a quick quote of a prayer that may help us get our focus trained on trust and away from doubt and disappointment:

 "I don't Care what the situation looks like.  I don't care what my reasoning ability is dictating to me - I am just not going to go there! And I also don't care if it looks as though You didn't come through. I don't care what the world says. I don't care what negative reports come down the pike.  I don't care what my emotions are dictating; I have made up my mind that from this day forth I am going to steadfastly trust what You have said.  I will be obedient to do what You tell me to do; I will make Your Word my final authority; and then I will rest in You.
And, when feelings of disappointment try to crowd in I will make that my warning signal, and I will stop and renew my choice to trust in you.  Then Lord, the rest is up to You."

I am so excited that you have decided to read this great book with me...I'd Love to hear how God is working in your life, email me at: inspiringbranches@gmail.com or leave your comments in the comment section below.

Blessings,
Kayla