Sep 24, 2011

Psalm 91- Chapter 1: Where is My Dwelling Place?


Psalm 91: God's Umbrella of Protection

Chapter 1: Where Is My Dwelling Place?

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High 
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalm 91:1

Do you have a favorite spot to go and just spend time with God?  I remember as a little girl, I would hear stories of people having prayer closets.  I always wanted to find a place that was my space to be with God.  I remember when I was in junior high and high school my parents bought a house, and my room had two small walk-in closets.  I was so excited, I used both of them for clothes, but the one had a little step in it that was just perfect for a little seat, and I thought I had found my place.  But as time went by I really only used that closet a few times, most the time my bedroom was where I would go to be by myself and reflect on things or to pray and read my bible.  Laying on my bed or sitting on the floor.  That room became my special place, I realized you don't have to have a closet, you just have to be willing to spend time with and get to know and love the heavenly Father.  The location really doesn't matter, what matters is that you make spending time with God a priority in your life.

God is our shelter, but we have to run to Him!