Sep 20, 2013

Amazing Grace


Amazing Grace

Today as I was listening to worship music, the old song Amazing Grace came on...as I sang along suddenly verse three stuck out, as if suddenly someone directed a spot light at it.  These words are so incredibly powerful!! 

"Through many dangers, toils and snares 
I have already come; 
'Tis grace that brought me safe thus far 
And grace will lead me home."

As I sang these words, suddenly I could see how God through His "amazing grace" had brought me through everything up till now.  Some of the "dangers, toils and snares" I know about...I can recall them like they just happened yesterday, some of them were yesterday!  But there are even more "dangers, toils and snares" I don't have a clue about.  Those things that Satan tried to use to bring about harm, only to have God shield me and protect me, without me even knowing about it.  Or those time when Satan set traps to make me fall, and God saw them and redirected my steps.  Times when maybe I didn't understand why I had to go the long way about an issue, but God knew the long way was the best way.  And just as God has been faithful to lead, guide and protect me for the last 30 years, I know without a doubt that He will be faithful to lead, guide and protect me until I finally walk those streets of gold and see my Jesus face to face!! 

God is so good!!