Jun 8, 2012

Romans 16:19-20

Romans 16:19-20

As I study God's Word, it never fails to speak directly into my heart and life.  Giving me wisdom and encouragement...understanding and so much more.  This week as I sat down to read my daily devotional and read from God's Word...I found that even though things around me seem uncertain; though I don't know the future, or how things will work out; I can always trust in and lean on my Heavenly Father.  Our health may fail, our relationships may fall apart, finances may be sparse, and ministries may not last...but God is faithful, and God is good! 

Today I read Romans 16 and came across verses 19 & 20...these verses are the words to an old song I remember from my teen years...

"Romans 16:19 says... 
Romans 16:19 says...

Be excellent of what is good, 
Be innocent of evil.

Be excellent of what is good,
Be innocent of evil.

And the God of peace will soon crush Satan,
Yes! God will crush him; Where? 
Underneath your feet!

And the God of peace will soon crush Satan,
Yes! God will crush him; Where? 
Underneath your feet!"

As I read these verses, and sang this song, I suddenly knew without a doubt that everything I've been worrying about, all of life's struggles and hard times...they are only temporary.  Very soon, my big and mighty God will crush Satan underneath my feet...and I know that putting my faith, hope and trust in God is the very best decision I can make no matter what the circumstances! 

God is good!!!