Feb 22, 2013

Legacy of Love!


Legacy of Love!

Do you ever think of what kind of legacy you will leave behind you when you finish your days on this old earth???

Well, the other night as I was thinking over my life, I thought of all the blessings God has given me,  I thought of all the people I have loved during my journey so far, I looked back over my successes, and also over my failures.  

As I took this walk down memory lane, I felt deep down in my spirit, the desire to work, aim, and  strive to live out God's love everyday of my life.  

I know there have been times in my life, when I didn't act in love.  Maybe you were someone who felt as if I judged you or over looked you...If so, I am terribly sorry!  I can honestly tell you that I never planned to hurt anyone with my actions, words or attitude.  But I know that sometimes we do things in-spite of ourselves...and I know that I am not perfect, in fact I am far far from perfect!  But I know that even though I am imperfect, God's love and mercy has always been my constant companion. 

 Proverbs 10:12 says, "Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins."  

I have seen first hand how God's love covers all sin.  I am so thankful for God's love, grace and mercy!!  And I believe that as Christians (meaning to be like Christ) We should do just that...be like Christ!  We should be God's hands extended, we should love others out of the overflow of God's love that He so generously pours into our hearts and lives.  

What would happen if all of us were to love others as Christ loves us? 

What a difference it would make in the world around us!!   

Though I am sure I will fail and fall many times in my endeavors to follow Christ and love as He loves...I am going to do my best from this day forward...I want to leave a "Legacy of Love".  How about you?