Aug 18, 2012

A God Near At Hand!



"'Am I a God near at hand,' says the Lord,
'And not a God afar off? 

Can anyone hide himself in secret places, 
So I shall not see him?' says the Lord;
'Do I not fill heaven and earth?' says the Lord."
Jeremiah 23:23-24

In this passage the Lord is talking to Israel and all the false prophets, through Jeremiah.  He is telling them all the punishment their bad choices and false worship will bring.  And He reminds them in these few verses that He is a God at hand, and not a God afar off. 
Today I believe this scripture is for us as well.  So many times we go to church put on the facade that everything is honky dory, but if those we try to deceive could see into our daily lives they would be forced to see just how good at acting on Sundays we really are.  

God is not just a God we sing songs about on Sunday, and forget about the rest of the week.  God wants to have a personal, real, daily relationship with each one of us.  God is not a God afar off! God is right there beside us when we
spread 
that nasty bit of gossip. He is right there with us when we watch that show that uses His name in vain over and over again.  God is with us when we lie to our boss about being sick.  The list could go on and on...All of us make bad decision, all of us have fallen short...and no one is perfect.  Even so, we should do our best to live our lives to honor and serve God.  Not because there is some law, or rule about it in the Bible; but because we are so in love with God.  When we love someone, we want to please them...Are you living your life for your own pleasure? Or are you living your life for God's pleasure?

My hope is that my life, the part seen by all my friends, family, and church family, and the part only seen by God, the secret, hidden parts will all bring pleasure to God.  

How about you???

Let's Pray!
 Father God, I am so thankful that You are not some God afar off...I am so glad that You are here with me every single moment of every single day.  You see the good, the bad, and the ugly, yet You still love me and call me Your child!   Your love is amazing...it is too much for my mind to even comprehend...but I accept it and I thank You for it!  Today I ask that You help me to live my life worthy of Your love, I want every part of my life to bring You glory an honor.  Show me, Lord, the areas of my life that aren't pleasing to You, and give me the strength to make the necessary changes.  I love You so much! You are so good! My words could never express how great You are! Holy, Awesome, Mighty, Gracious, Loving, My Provider, My Healer, My Joy and Strength. You are my all in all! 
Thank You Lord!! 
In Jesus Name, AMEN.