Aug 7, 2012

He Will Rejoice Over You With Singing!


"The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.” 
Zephaniah 3:17


As I read this scripture this morning, this promise stands out to me.  I cannot fully describe all the feelings and thoughts that I have as I read it, but I can tell you that it is as if I heard singing...not quite audible, and from a far off...but it was beautiful, deep, robust, like the sound of a thousand different men singing in harmony, only this was one voice.  The song I heard was brief, but left me longing to hear more.  And suddenly, I am overwhelmed with the thought that God rejoices over me.  God rejoices over me with singing!  When He looks at me, He is so filled with joy, that he can't help but sing over me!  The love of God is so amazing! I am so unworthy, and yet He loves me anyway!