Jan 30, 2010

Roll Away Your Stone - Part 3 - The Process

This may very well be the hardest part.  It was tough to realize that we don't know it all, and even tougher to surrender to God's double edged sword, letting His Logos work in our hearts and most importantly in our soul.  But here is the hardest part yet.  That is continuing to abide in God's Logos and to have faith to believe that freedom is truly possible and that God is bringing it to completion in your life.  The last three steps, Know the Truth, Be Free, and Be Free Indeed, are all a part of the process that we must work through.  It is tough to make ourselves persevere and continue to abide through all of them to the end.  Our logos wants to take over and say "Okay, I have believed and I've been abiding.  I still don't see the results, so I think I have done enough.  I'll be fine the way I am."  But if we know the truth and truly believe it, we must continue to fill ourselves with the truth of God's Word. And we must continue to abide in that truth, until we see freedom in our spirit and soul.  These steps may take months to work through, but it will be worth all of the pain in the end.  Just like giving birth to a baby, the pain and agony of childbirth may be terrible, but just one look at your tiny baby's face and the joy and love you feel makes all the pain and agony worth it. 


 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” 
John 8:31-32