Nov 28, 2009

Loving Well - by Beth Moore - Week 4

In John 15:9 Jesus commands us to remain in His love. As we complete this time of study I want you to remember to remain in God's love.  All of the things we have learned through this study hinge on one thing;  remaining in God's love.  If we do not do this, we will not be able to love well.

Here are a few scriptures that spoke to me through this study:
  • 1 John 4:18 - “There is no fear in love; instead, perfect love drives out fear.”
  • Romans 8:38-39 - “For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will have the power to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!”
  • Matthew 18:21-22 - “Then Peter came to Him and said, 'Lord, how many times could my brother sin against me and I forgive him? As many as seven times?' 'I tell you, not as many as seven,' Jesus said to him, 'but 70 times seven.'”
  • John 15:9 - “As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Now remain in my love.”
  • Philippians 1:9 - “This is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth and insight.
What a joy it has been, to walk through this study with you, I pray that the perfect love of God has filled your heart and that great things are happening in your relationships as you draw from God's well.

"God is love." 
1 John 4:8