Oct 16, 2012

Praise The Lord!


Praise The Lord!

Life has some unexpected twists and turns.  But in every situation, in all that happens, good or bad, I choose to give thanks and praise to the Lord!  

Last Friday morning, our beloved pastor, Rev. Bob Swope, suffered from a heart attack and went to be with Jesus.  We are all still in shock, it doesn't seem real. I keep thinking it is just a joke, some horrible prank, but then I go on Facebook, and see all the posts about what a great man he was and how much he will be missed, and I know it is real. 
The tears start to fall again.
 Today the family announced the time and date of the memorial service, and the loss flooded over me once more.  It is hard to let go of someone who had such a huge impact on your life.  It is easy to see the hurt and pain, and sometimes it feels like it could overwhelm you, but today in my Bible reading, I was reminded that God is good.  We may not understand why things happen, but we can trust Him to work it all into His marvelous plan.  

So today, I choose to focus on how good God is, and praise Him for who he is, not for what I can get from Him, not even for what he has already done (both of these give me many reasons to praise), but today I want to praise Him just for who He is! 

God is love.
God is great.
God is good.
God is just.
God is all powerful.
God is all knowing.
God is merciful.
God is compassionate.
God is ever-present.
God is gracious.
God is Lord of all, creator of heaven and earth.
God is worthy of all our praise.


Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; And His greatness is unsearchable.

The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will exalt Him.

“Who is like You, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like You, glorious in holiness, Fearful in praises, doing wonders?

I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.

I will praise the LORD according to His righteousness, And will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.