Oct 1, 2011

Psalm 91 - Chapter 3:Two-Way Deliverance

Psalm 91: God's Umbrella of Protection
Chapter 3: Two-Way Deliverance


For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper
And from the deadly pestilence.
Psalm 91:3

God in His infinite wisdom and knowledge has given us this earth to live on...and everything here is under His control.  We need to learn to trust God.  God knows the things that will harm us and He also knows what is good for us.  Satan may be out to destroy us, but God has much better plans for us, and if God is for us, who can stand against us? No one and nothing.  No trap set by the devil, nor pestilence (sickness or disease that destroys the flesh), nothing can stand against our great and mighty God.  He is our shield and defender, we need to run to Him and trust Him...He is all we need.

This morning in my devotional time I read about Daniel.  Here is a man who walked obediently with God and had God's favor on his life.  When the governors, and satraps tried to get rid of Daniel, and caused him to be thrown into the lions den.  Did Daniel worry? Was he afraid?  I'm sure he was tempted to worry and fear, but I also realize that Daniel knew those men would see him praying in the window.  Daniel also knew the law of the Meades and Persians could not be changed once signed by the king.  So I think he trusted God to protect him even as he knelt down to pray three times a day.  Daniel's story is a perfect example of Psalm 91:3 in action.  God saw Daniels faithfulness and obedience and God saw His servant in trouble and so God did something only God could do...He shut those lions mouths and Daniel did not even have a scratch on him when the king pulled him from the den the next morning.  Imagine that, not only did God close the lions mouths, but he tamed their paws as well.  

I just have to say it (I encourage you to proclaim it with me)...That is my God! He is my King! And today I chose to trust Him with everything in my life...Satan may set traps, sickness and illness may come, but my God will supply my every need - He is my all in all!