Jul 10, 2012

A Step of Faith


A Step of Faith

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you know what you are supposed to do, but you have no idea how you are going to get from point A (where you are now) to point B (where God is leading you)?   It won't be easy, the path may be clouded, and rocky, or not visible at all. You may be tempted to fear and draw back. Thoughts may fill up your mind, such as, "This is crazy, I must have heard God wrong, this can't be right, I better just go back to point A!"  The only way you will make it from point A (where you are now) to point B (where God is leading you) is walking by faith...

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

In other words, Faith is the actions we take based on a hope we have received through a promise that is not yet been fulfilled.  Faith is trusting God to come through on His Word!  

So when your at point A (where you are now) and need to get to point B (where God is leading you); what do you do? Do you trust in your own strength? Do you Trust in your friends and companions? Do you trust in your loved ones, your family? Or do you Trust in the Lord? 

Here is what God's Word says on the matter...

Micah 7:5-7
Do not trust in a friend;
Do not put your confidence in a companion;
Guard the doors of your mouth
From her who lies in your bosom.
For son dishonors father,
Daughter rises against her mother,
Daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
A man’s enemies are the men of his own household.
Therefore I will look to the Lord;
I will wait for the God of my salvation;
My God will hear me.

Did you catch that? Read it again.

Micah 7:5-7
Do not trust in a friend;
Do not put your confidence in a companion;
Guard the doors of your mouth
From her who lies in your bosom.
For son dishonors father,
Daughter rises against her mother,
Daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
A man’s enemies are the men of his own household.
Therefore I will look to the Lord;
I will wait for the God of my salvation;
My God will hear me.

Look to the Lord!  He is the source of our Salvation, He will hear us when we call. He will get us from point A (where we are) to Point B (where He is leading us). He is all we need!!

There is no better promise! 
I am so thankful that no matter what, God is in control and He is all I'll ever need!! Hallelujah!


Take that step of faith and just watch as the Lord works!! 

GOD IS GOOD!!!!